Bartender - Kirkwood, MO
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That’s YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU.
As a Bartender – you have the “hospitality gene” and are committed to our guests and our Team Members. You lead by example and set the tone for the entire building. Leading from the center of our bar – your style is fun but always professional. Bar Louie’s Freedom within the Framework allows you to express your unique personality. You like being busy and demonstrate pride in your work – you don’t cut corners. Extremely smart – you are able to describe the ingredients of our tasty gastrobar grub and handcrafted cocktails. You seamlessly juggle multiple tasks; while up-selling another guest, all the while cleaning and mixing and shaking. You take your cue from our guests – matching your style to their mood. Quick and efficient if they are in a hurry; unobtrusive if they need privacy; and interactive if they are looking for attention. An industry pro – “working from the point”, “garnishing”, “free pouring”, “alcohol safety”, “well master”, and “mixologist” aren’t just phrases – they are descriptions of YOU and the framework in which a professional Bartender always operates. The environment you create is as unique as you are – and your guests come back again and again. They are loyal to Bar Louie – they are also loyal to you.
- Exemplify Bar Louie’s Mission, Vision and Values in the way you approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness; sanitation and guest and alcohol safety.
- Learn the menu Top to Bottom and Inside and out so that you can seamlessly infuse your style as you answer questions; describe and recommend items; and help our guests find new and old favorites.
- Master the tricks of the trade: Unique recipes; Free Pouring; Flair; Responsible Alcohol Service.
- We are a gastrobar – so ensure our guests are inspired by your food and drink recommendations.
- Protect our guests by accurately ringing, preparing and then serving items as requested.
- Assist with inventory management – carefully accounting for every drop from every bottle.
- Actively complete side work - bussing and sanitizing the bar top; washing glassware and more.
- Quickly complete opening and closing duties each shift ensuring you and your peers are set for success.
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check schedule regularly and have consistent attendance.
Skills and abilities
- The ability to communicate clearly with guests and fellow Team Members.
- The ability to memorize and describe the ingredients and preparation of all food and beverage options.
- The ability to prepare dozens of signature beverages perfectly by memory.
- The ability to handle and carry dishware and glassware safely.
- The ability to place orders within Aloha and accurately handle payment methods.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands for your time and attention.
Education and training
- 2-3 Years Bartending Experience required for all external hires
- Internal candidates will be trainers and will complete specialized training
- Demonstrated Hospitality/Customer Experience required
Basic physical requirements
When working at a gastrobar location, Team Member must be able to perform the duties of that location. These requirements may include: Lifting up to 10 (ten) pounds constantly and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to shoulder constantly and overhead infrequently. Twisting and reaching frequently. Grasping objects to move or manipulate constantly. Working in alternatively hot or cold environments for extended periods of time. May inadvertently bump into team members in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended periods of time. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required. Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop devices.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.