BUSSER- ST CHARLES
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That’s YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU.
As a Busser, at Bar Louie – your number one focus is ensuring every guest has a clean and sanitized place to enjoy themselves. You have the “hospitality gene” and truly care about people. Your style is fun but always professional. You have confidence and we support a freedom that allows you to express your unique personality. You are smart and know how to hustle. You take your cue from our guests – matching your style to their mood. Quick and efficient if they are in a hurry; unobtrusive if they need privacy; and interactive if they are looking for attention. This role offers a great start in the industry, and you will enjoy working with other Team Members as you learn and grow. You like being busy and demonstrate pride in your work – you don’t cut corners and you eagerly offer your assistance to anyone who needs it. Your genuine care for others helps us keep our guests safe and our gastrobar clean.
- Exemplify Bar Louie’s Mission, Vision and Values in the way you approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness; sanitation and safety.
- Take every opportunity to make eye contact with guests and make them feel welcome.
- Be aware of potential safety hazards and assist with keeping floors swept and dry.
- Look for opportunities to assist others by pre-bussing and bussing tables and the bar top.
- Keep all surfaces cleaned and sanitized. Throw away trash and keep bathrooms cleaned and stocked.
- Practice responsible alcohol service at all times. Involve your Manager as needed.
- Support your peers by running food and drinks; and helping with side work.
- Quickly complete opening and closing duties each shift ensuring you and your peers are set for success.
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check schedule regularly and have consistent attendance.
Skills and abilities
- The ability to communicate clearly with guests and fellow Team Members.
- The ability to handle and carry dishware and glassware safely.
- The ability to work with cleaning supplies and use dishwashing equipment.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands for your time and attention.
Education and training
- Entry level position
- Hospitality/Customer Experience preferred
Basic physical requirements
When working at a gastrobar location, Team Member must be able to perform the duties of that location. These requirements may include: Lifting up to 10 (ten) pounds constantly and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to shoulder constantly and overhead infrequently. Twisting and reaching frequently. Grasping objects to move or manipulate constantly. Working in alternatively hot or cold environments for extended periods of time. May inadvertently bump into team members in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended periods of time. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required. Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop devices.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.